Friday, November 07, 2003

Reagan Miniseries = Fiction! Lynch Movie = Good!

Which is undoubtedly the view of the jello-like mass of rightwingers infesting the smoking remains of the United States at the moment. Although they forced the equally jello-like CBS to yank the Reagan miniseries because it didn't feature an appearance by Jesus Christ blessing Ron, undoubtedly the fictitious movie about Private Jessica Lynch will air to orgasmic patriotic cries of joy. Oh, and who says the film and the military accounts of her rescue are fiction? Why, the one person in a position to know: Private Jessica Lynch.

Asked how she felt about the reports of her heroism, Ms. Lynch told Ms. Sawyer, "It hurt in a way that people would make up stories that they had no truth about. Only I would have been able to know that, because the other four people on my vehicle aren't here to tell the story. So I would have been the only one able to say, yeah, I went down shooting. But I didn't."

And asked about reports that the military exaggerated the danger of the rescue mission, Ms. Lynch said, "Yeah, I don't think it happened quite like that," although she added that in that context anybody would have approached the hospital well-armed. She continued: "I don't know why they filmed it, or why they say the things they, you know, all I know was that I was in that hospital hurting. I needed help."

I get the impression former Private Lynch is not interested is being used a recruiting tool to ship other young people to Dubya's war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home