Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The Weirdness of Condi

With all the controversy about Condi "Oil Tanker" Rice's role as National Security Advisor, people just keep forgetting that this woman is deeply, dangerously weird. Don't want to take my word for it? How about former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill. This is September 16, 2001, at Camp David:

Across the room, Ashcroft started playing the piano. Rice wandered over.

"Do you know any hymns?"

"Do I know any hymns," Ashcroft said in stagy surprise. And started pounding out "Amazing Grace."

Rice sang - she has a lovely voice. For the next hour they both sang as Ashcroft played. (from page 190, The Price of Loyalty by Ron Suskind)

This is a woman who, as far as I can tell, has never had a human relationship with anyone, male or female. Now maybe she's one of those rare people who entirely live the life of the mind. Or maybe she's a sociopath. She's certainly either a liar or a fool who refuses to recognize the use her intelligence has been put to by the evil bastard she serves:

"I personally believe, this is my personal view, that your loyalty to the mission you were given, to sell this war, overwhelmed your respect for the truth," Ms. Boxer said, noting that she was one of the minority of Senators to vote against authorizing the use of force in Iraq.

"Senator, I have to say that I never, ever lost respect for the truth in the service of anything," Ms. Rice responded, her voice sharpening. "It is not my nature. It is not my character. And I would hope that we can have this conversation and discuss what happened before, and what went on before and what I said, without impugning my credibility or my integrity."

What credibility or integrity?

Unfortunately she is likely to be confirmed. I suspect she will be as poor a Secretary of State as she has been a National Security Advisor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home