Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Dubya Babbles

A few prime quotes from Dubya's press conference yesterday:

But Iraq has -- have got people there that are willing to kill, and they're hard-nosed killers. And we will work with the Iraqis to secure their future.

Hm. Good to know....

I -- and we'll continue to work. Condi just -- Condi Rice, our Secretary of State, just came back and she briefed me that she had a very good discussion with Vladimir about the merits of democracy, about the need to listen to the people and have a government that's responsive.

Yes, I'm sure "Vladimir" was quite convinced of the merits of democracy by talking to Condi Oil Tanker.

Stretch. You mind if I call you Stretch in front of --

Yes, whip out a cutesy nickname. Does "Vladimir" do this?

The other question that -- one of the other issues that is important is the equipping issue, and the equipment is now moving quite well. In other words, troops are becoming equipped.

It's good to know that two years after the war started, "troops are becoming equipped."

But I'm an optimistic fellow -- based not upon my own economic forecast -- I'm not an economist -- but based upon the experts that I listen to.

The carefully selected "experts" who tell Dubya what he wants to hear.

There's plenty more; read the transcript.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home