Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Enemy Within

European Muslims have a stark choice: deal with their junior jihadis themselves or face the consequences. The Problem: the murderer of Theo Van Gogh:

"I did it out of conviction," he said. "If I ever get free, I would do it again."

At one point he turned in his chair and spoke to Anneke Van Gogh, the victim's mother, who was in the public gallery. "I don't feel your pain," he said. "I don't have any sympathy for you. I can't feel for you because I think you're a non-believer."

The Solution: British Muslim Labour MP Shahid Malik:

"The challenge is straightforward - that those voices that we have we tolerated will no longer be tolerated, whether they be on the streets, in the schools, in the youth clubs, in a mosque, in a corner, in a house.

"We need to go beyond condemning - we need to confront."

Indeed. An enemy within is a problem best solved from within. Let's hope the wise words of MP Malik are widely heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home